Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Truth

I read this on a blog tonight and wow did it hit me. I've heard people talk about lip service before, but don't recall reading it straight out like this:

"You have planted them, and they have taken root; they grow and bear fruit. You are always on their lips but far from their hearts." Jeremiah 12:2

Yeah, okay. I joined a new bible study today - CBS (Community Bible Study). It's a bit like BSF, but more laid back. There are several ladies from VCC there; none that I know too well, but I know them. We are studying Proverbs and the wisdom of Solomon. I am praying for true heart engagement this year, not just lip service. One of my biggest fears is that I will continue to struggle with the same sin issues over and over, and never know victory in my life. I can't help but hope that a heart truly His, given over to His leadership and wisdom, will truly know victory in every sense of the idea. Pray that for me, will you?

Blessings,
Eliz

P.S. A birthday post for precious Addison is coming tomorrow! I promise! :-)

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You're awesome. I love your desire to be better.

amy said...

I LOVE CBS! I'm so jealous! Please enjoy every moment for me, okay? You can't beat the commute, eh? :)