Monday, January 7, 2008

How I Spent New Years Eve...

So, I'm behind in posting...but better a bit late than not at all, right? :-) New Years Eve was a fun family night for us. I always look forward to planning something for us all to do together, and create some great memories. The kids excitedly talked all day about our big party that would happen that night.

I borrowed a fondue pot from a friend, and along with my own pot made a fun fondue feast! We had a yummy cheese fondue for chicken, steak, bread cubes and pears. Then a rich chocolate fondue for bananas, strawberries, and pretzels. We were absolutely stuffed, and had so much fun eating! While we were eating, we all went around the table and shared some of our favorite memories from 2007. Interestingly, a lot of our fun times came from summer vacation. My kids LOVE the beach.

After dinner, we brought out the games. Chutes and Ladders was a favorite. Sam won that one, and he was gracious about it too! We try to play games together alot. Scott has been teaching Sam how to play chess, monopoly and risk. The babies and I have been focusing on candyland, guess who and chutes and ladders. Good times. :-)

Finally, we opened up a bottle of sparkling grape juice, Scott prayed a blessing over our family, and we toasted in the New Year...it was about 9pm, but who knew? The kids really loved the drink, and we finished off the bottle while gathered around the island.

What a great way to spend my New Years Eve...surrounded by those I love most, and who love me most. Here are a few pictures of our evening:


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cool pics! And I love the simplicity of your New Year's Eve!

Emily said...

Your New Years sounds great. I love how you made it so special for your kids. You are a great mama!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That sounds so fun! I love the picture of the toast.

Amanda said...

What fun, and so sweet. I also love the picture of the toast!